Hello, Friends Welcome to Our website, In This Post Today we will Tell About How to secure your account from UPI fraud in Detail.
We use so many apps related to UPI transactions like
- Google pay
- phone pay
by using this app we can transfer money from one bank account to another bank account very easily because using these apps is very easy and is becoming more popular day by day …as its popularity is increasing its users are also increasing day by day.
as a UPI transaction is new so people don’t know how to use it hence the Fraud using this UPI is increasing day by day nowadays we can hear in the news that UPI transaction frauds are happening day by day so we will see the frauds happening due to incorrect use of UPI and then we will see the solutions to avoid this fraud.
You should have the correct information about this technology.
One man had ordered something online so the price of the product was rs 420 then after the order he got a msg on his mobile that shared his upi pin so that we can deduct product money that man shared the UPI pin and he got the msg of permit the transactions so he permitted the transaction and guess what total 20000 money was deducted from his account and when the man complained to the respective online store then they said it was not their company number and the number to whom he shared his upi pin was of the online thief Never share your UPI pin.
How to use UPI safely
1)To avoid UPI fraud always keep your upi app updated like Paytm phone pay keep that app updated always.
2) if you use the UPI app never use the UPI upi pin to get payment from the other person
3) no upi app asks u for the pin for receiving money it only asks for a pin when u send the money.
4) cyber frauds are done by calls and links fraudsters may call you and ask you for the UPI pin in that case if you share the pin then they may transfer money from your bank account.
Don’t share your bank details with them and block that number.
5) you may get a fraud msg on WhatsApp like you are getting free recharge .. click on this link and add your upi pin never click on that link it’s just a trap.
6) last and most important tip if you are registered with any UPI app then you have to add your UPI pin so you should add a strong UPI number.
Never make this mistake while online transactions
1)Digital payment fraud is rising with customers preferring up payments.
2)post corona outbreak nearly half of the Indian customers are concerned about digital payments
3) nearly one-third of customers had to face digital payment fraud
4) vulnerability to fraud remains the most significant consumer concern during digital transactions
5) fraudsters call you stating that you have won money and will ask for UPI details to transfer the prize amount
Never share your pin or save them on your phone
6) don’t leave the upi app unattended
7) transfer and receive funds only from beneficiaries.
8) remember that you do not need to enter your upUPIin to receive money
9) report any suspected fraudulent activity to the bank immediately.
authorized payment links via SMS take your address will land and look almost identical to the original URL if you click on that link it will direct you to the UPI payment app installed on your phone and will ask you to select any app permits to the amount will be debited from the UPI
second is remote screen mirroring many people are downloading remote screen mirroring tools that can connect their phones or laptops through Wi-Fi to larger displays like smart TV however due to this details may be hacked. people will take all the information from their phones and can have full control of the device also conduct.
Representatives which will ask you to download a third-party app for verification purposes why downloaded apps will give them remote access to your phone posing as bank representatives which will ask you to download a third-party app for verification purposes while downloaded apps will give them remote access to your phone.
Deceptive UPI Handles
just because the UPI-related social media page or Twitter or Facebook etc has the word NPCI aur Bhim or is similar to any bank or government organization in it does not make it authentic many tricksters create such handles to make you reveal your account details through fake UPI app.
one should not pose with their contact information on social media while trying to connect with an upi brand generally people put screenshots of messages received from upi handles the brand might not be able to reach your post but fraudsters might notice and contact you.
Scans using your OTP and UPI Pin
So in recent frauds, the fraudsters ask for the OTP and UPI pin the fraudsters request money links to the customers once the customer clicks on the link and give upset about the transaction thinking will receive money the amount gets deducted from their account.
Another thing to keep in mind is OTP when you make a transaction from your chosen upi app you will be required to enter the opt or UPI pin for OTP authentication your bank sends you the OTP via msg on your mobile number registered with the bank once the OTP is verified your transaction is processed fraudsters try to convince them to share their upi pin or OTP once they get the information they may do transactions and Steal money from customers account.
never share confidential details like UPI pin otp etc with anyone on the phone also the bank never call to ask you for details.
So always be aware while digital payments via upi never ever share your bank details with anyone and importantly never share your UPI pin with anyone if anyone calls you to give UPI pin just block that number
1 thought on “How to secure your account from UPI frauds in India”